Steps for this integration:
- Find your Ontraport API Credentials
- Connect Ontraport to your Interact App
- Map Interact Triggers to Ontraport Actions
- Map Form Fields to Ontraport Custom Fields
Find your Ontraport API credentials:
Step 1: Login to your Ontraport account and navigate to Administration located in the dropdown menu opened by clicking your account icon.
Step 2: Click Integrations located in the left sidebar, then click Ontraport API Instructions and Key Manager.
Step 3: You will see your App ID and API Key. These are required for the next setup steps. If you already have an API Key listed, you can move on to the next section. If you do not have an API Key listed, continue on to the next steps.
Step 4: Click on New API Key.
Step 5: Select the appropriate Contact Owner from the dropdown and make sure all permissions are checked. Then click Save at the top of the page.
Connect Ontraport to your Interact app:
Step 1: In the Interact app builder, under Connect your email list, choose Ontraport from the list of integrations.
Step 2: Copy and paste your Ontraport App ID and API Key, then click Connect API.
Map Interact Triggers to Ontraport Actions:
Step 1: In the following steps you will have the chance to map a set of Ontraport actions to individual Interact triggers. A trigger can be, for example, when a quiz taker receives a specific quiz result or answers a specific quiz answer. To open the selection of Ontraport actions to select, click on the Add Actions button:
Step 2: In the slideout menu, you will see a list of available actions to run in Ontraport. The available actions are:
- Add to Sequence: Choose an Ontraport contact list from the dropdown to add new contacts to a specific Ontraport contact list. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could connect different results to different contact lists to send autoresponders specific to the quiz result your customers received.
- Update Custom Field: Choose an Ontraport custom field from the dropdown to update the contact field for new contacts with a specific value. The value will auto-populate with the trigger name, but you can customize this with any value you want. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could choose the Ontraport custom field "Quiz Result Title" from the dropdown and populate the field with the quiz result title for your quiz.
- Add Tag to Contact: Choose either to add a tag to the contact with a default value or with a custom value that you provide by selecting from the dropdown.
Step 3: Once finished with one trigger, you can select a different trigger from the left sidebar. When you have set all triggers that you need for your specific setup, be sure to click Save & Continue.
Map Form Fields to Ontraport Contact Fields
Step 1: Here you will find an overview of the way your opt-in form fields are connected to Ontraport contact fields. Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name, Last Name.
Step 2: For all other fields, choose one custom field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. Example: mapping Company Name to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Company Name into the Ontraport custom field "Custom Field 1".
Step 3: When finished with mapping your form fields, be sure to click Save & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time.
IMPORTANT: If your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing Ontraport contacts be updated?
Yes, existing Ontraport contacts will be updated with updated custom field values and be added to new sequences
How do you create new Ontraport custom fields?
Step 1: In your Ontraport account, navigate to Contacts -> Settings.
Step 2: Click Field Editor.
Step 3: Click Add Field in the desired field section. Enter a value for the Field Name and ensure Field Type is set to Text. Click Save to save all changes.
What will a new contact look like in Ontraport?
You will find the populated field in a contact's profile within the section you created the field.