Steps for this integration:
- Find your Ontraport API credentials
- Connect Ontraport to your Interact app
- Map app data to your Ontraport account
Find your Ontraport API credentials:
Step 1: Login to your Ontraport account and navigate to Administration located in the dropdown menu opened by clicking your account icon.
Step 2: Click Integrations located in the left sidebar, then click Ontraport API Instructions and Key Manager.
Step 3: You will see your App ID and API Key. These are required for the next setup steps. If you already have an API Key listed, you can move on to the next section. If you do not have an API Key listed, continue on to the next steps.
Step 4: Click on New API Key.
Step 5: Select the appropriate Contact Owner from the dropdown and make sure all permissions are checked. Then click Save at the top of the page.
Connect Ontraport to your Interact app:
Step 1: In the Interact app builder, under Connect your email list, choose Ontraport from the list of integrations.
Step 2: Copy and paste your Ontraport App ID and API Key, then click Connect API.
Map app data to your Ontraport account:
Add new contacts to Ontraport sequences (REQUIRED)
- Quizzes: Choose a Ontraport sequence from the dropdown per quiz result. This means that when users receive a certain result on your quiz, they will be added to the specified Ontraport sequence that you have defined here.
- Giveaways: Choose a Ontraport sequence from the dropdown to add new contacts who enter your giveaway to that specific Ontraport sequence.
- Polls: Choose a Ontraport sequence from the dropdown to add new contacts who take your poll to that specific Ontraport sequence.
Map form fields to Ontraport custom fields
Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name, Last Name
For all other fields, choose one contact field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. For example, mapping Quiz Result Title to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Quiz Result Title into the Ontraport custom field "Custom Field 1".
When finished with the setup, be sure to click Save Settings & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time. Remember that if your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing Ontraport contacts be updated?
Yes, existing Ontraport contacts will be updated with updated custom field values and be added to new sequences
How do you create new Ontraport custom fields?
Step 1: In your Ontraport account, navigate to Contacts -> Settings.
Step 2: Click Field Editor.
Step 3: Click Add Field in the desired field section. Enter a value for the Field Name and ensure Field Type is set to Text. Click Save to save all changes.
What will a new contact look like in Ontraport?
You will find the populated field in a contact's profile within the section you created the field.