Steps for this integration:
- Find your SendGrid API credentials
- Connect SendGrid to your Interact app
- Map app data to your SendGrid account
Find your SendGrid API credentials:
Step 1: Login to your SendGrid account and navigate to Settings -> API Keys in the dropdown menu located in the left sidebar.
Step 2: It is recommended to create a new SendGrid API Key to use with Interact. To create a new API Key, click Create API Key.
Step 3: Enter an API Key Name and choose proper API Key Permissions. If choosing Restricted Access, be sure to add Full Access for Marketing Campaigns (see image below). You may also choose Full Access, if desired.
Step 4: Click Create & View. In the next screen, you will find your API Key. Copy the API Key (this will only be shown to you once!) and save it somewhere safe for your reference.
Connect SendGrid to your Interact app:
Step 1: In the Interact app builder, under "Connect your email list", choose SendGrid from the list of integrations.
Step 2: Copy and paste your SendGrid API Key and click Connect API.
Map Interact Triggers to SendGrid Actions:
Step 1: In the following steps you will have the chance to map a set of SendGrid actions to individual Interact triggers. A trigger can be, for example, when a quiz taker receives a specific quiz result or answers a specific quiz answer. To open the selection of SendGrid actions to select, click on the Add Actions button:
Step 2: In the slideout menu, you will see a list of available actions to run in SendGrid. The available actions are:
- Add to Contact List: Choose a SendGrid contact list from the dropdown to add new contacts to a specific SendGrid contact list. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could connect different results to different contact lists to send autoresponders specific to the quiz result your customers received.
- Update Custom Field: Choose a SendGrid custom field from the dropdown to update the contact field for new contacts with a specific value. The value will auto-populate with the trigger name, but you can customize this with any value you want. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could choose the SendGrid custom field "Quiz Result Title" from the dropdown and populate the field with the quiz result title for your quiz.
Step 3: Once finished with one trigger, you can select a different trigger from the left sidebar. When you have set all triggers that you need for your specific setup, be sure to click Save & Continue.
Map Form Fields to SendGrid Custom Fields
Step 1: Here you will find an overview of the way your opt-in form fields are connected to SendGrid custom fields. Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name, Last Name.
Step 2: For all other fields, choose one custom field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. Example: mapping Company Name to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Company Name into the SendGrid custom field "Custom Field 1".
Step 3: When finished with mapping your form fields, be sure to click Save & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time.
IMPORTANT: If your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing SendGrid contacts be updated?
Yes, existing SendGrid contacts will be updated with updated field values and be added to new contact lists.
What will a new contact look like in SendGrid?
Once your contacts start to load into SendGrid, you can find new contacts from your quiz in the specified contact lists. You can find custom field values in the profiles of each individual contact.