Steps for this integration:
- Find your Maropost API Credentials
- Connect Maropost to your Interact App
- Map Interact Triggers to Maropost Actions
- Map Form Fields to Maropost Custom Fields
Find your Maropost API Credentials:
Step 1: Login to your Maropost account and navigate to Connections located in the dropdown menu opened by clicking your account name.
Step 2: On this page, you will see your Account ID. This is required for the next setup steps.
Step 3: Click on the API Keys tab. You will see your API Key. This is required for the next setup steps. If you already have an API Key listed, you can move on to the next section. If you do not have an API Key listed, continue on to the next steps.
Step 4: Click on Add Key.
Step 5: Enter a value for Name, under API Permissions Contacts must be checked, then click Add.
Connect Maropost to your Interact App:
Step 1: In the Interact app builder, under Connect your email list, choose Maropost from the list of integrations.
Step 2: Copy and paste your Maropost Account ID and API Key, then click Connect API.
Map Interact Triggers to Maropost Actions:
Step 1: In the following steps you will have the chance to map a set of Maropost actions to individual Interact triggers. A trigger can be, for example, when a quiz taker receives a specific quiz result or answers a specific quiz answer. To open the selection of Maropost actions to select, click on the Add Actions button:
Step 2: In the slideout menu, you will see a list of available actions to run in Maropost. The available actions are:
- Add to List: Choose a Maropost list from the dropdown to add new contacts to a specific Maropost list. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could connect different results to different contact lists to send autoresponders specific to the quiz result your customers received.
- Update Custom Field: Choose a Maropost custom field from the dropdown to update the contact field for new contacts with a specific value. The value will auto-populate with the trigger name, but you can customize this with any value you want. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could choose the Maropost custom field "Quiz Result Title" from the dropdown and populate the field with the quiz result title for your quiz.
Step 3: Once finished with one trigger, you can select a different trigger from the left sidebar. When you have set all triggers that you need for your specific setup, be sure to click Save & Continue.
Map Form Fields to Maropost Custom Fields
Step 1: Here you will find an overview of the way your opt-in form fields are connected to Maropost custom fields. Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name, Last Name, Phone Number.
Step 2: For all other fields, choose one custom field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. Example: mapping Company Name to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Company Name into the Maropost custom field "Custom Field 1".
Step 3: When finished with mapping your form fields, be sure to click Save & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time.
IMPORTANT: If your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing Maropost contacts be updated?
Yes, existing Maropost contacts will be updated with updated custom field values and be added to new lists.
How do you create new Maropost custom fields?
Step 1: In your Maropost account, navigate to the Email section.
Step 2: Navigate to Contacts -> Fields.
Step 3: Under Custom Fields, click New.
Step 4: Enter values for Name and Display name, and select String from the Field type dropdown. Click Save to complete.
What will a new contact look like in Maropost?
The following screenshot is an example user with the following integration setup:
- Quiz result title field maps to custom field Interact Quiz Result