Steps for this integration:
- Find your ActiveCampaign API Credentials
- Connect ActiveCampaign to your Interact app
- Map Interact Triggers to ActiveCampaign Actions
- Map Form Fields to ActiveCampaign Contact Fields
Find your ActiveCampaign API Credentials:
Step 1: Login to your ActiveCampaign account and navigate to My Settings in the dropdown menu found by clicking your username in the top right corner.
Step 2: In the left sidebar menu, click Developer.
Step 3: Under the API Access panel you will find your ActiveCampaign URL and Key. These are required for the next setup steps.
Connect ActiveCampaign to your Interact App
Step 1: In the Interact app builder, under "Connect your email list", choose ActiveCampaign from the list of integrations.
Step 2: Copy and paste your ActiveCampaign URL and Key and click Connect API.
Map Interact Triggers to ActiveCampaign Actions:
Step 1: In the following steps you will have the chance to map a set of ActiveCampaign actions to individual Interact triggers. A trigger can be, for example, when a quiz taker receives a specific quiz result or answers a specific quiz answer. To open the selection of ActiveCampaign actions to select, click on the Add Actions button:
Step 2: In the slideout menu, you will see a list of available actions to run in ActiveCampaign. The available actions are:
- Add to Contact List: Choose an ActiveCampaign contact list from the dropdown to add new contacts to a specific ActiveCampaign contact list. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could connect different results to different contact lists to send autoresponders specific to the quiz result your customers received.
- Add to Automation: Choose an ActiveCampaign automation from the dropdown to add new contacts to a specific ActiveCampaign automation. Example: For a quiz answer trigger, you could connect different automations to different answers to run specific automations depending on what a quiz taker answers in your quiz.
- Update Contact Field: Choose an ActiveCampaign contact field from the dropdown to update the contact field for new contacts with a specific value. The value will auto-populate with the trigger name, but you can customize this with any value you want. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could choose the ActiveCampaign contact field "Quiz Result Title" from the dropdown and populate the field with the quiz result title for your quiz. Note: Our ActiveCampaign integration currently only supports "Text" contact fields.
- Add Tag to Contact: Choose either to add a tag to the contact with a default value or with a custom value that you provide by selecting from the dropdown.
Step 3: Once finished with one trigger, you can select a different trigger from the left sidebar. When you have set all triggers that you need for your specific setup, be sure to click Save & Continue.
Map Form Fields to ActiveCampaign Contact Fields
Step 1: Here you will find an overview of the way your opt-in form fields are connected to ActiveCampaign contact fields. Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name, Last Name, Phone Number
Step 2: For all other fields, choose one contact field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. Example: mapping Company Name to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Company Name into the ActiveCampaign contact field "Custom Field 1". Note: Our ActiveCampaign integration currently only supports "Text" contact fields.
Step 3: When finished with mapping your form fields, be sure to click Save & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time.
IMPORTANT: If your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing ActiveCampaign contacts be updated?
Yes, existing ActiveCampaign contacts will be updated with updated field values, tags, and be added to new automations.
What will a new contact look like in ActiveCampaign?
The following screenshot is an example user with the following integration setup:
- Quiz result "Test Result 1" maps to ActiveCampaign automation Interact Quiz Automation
- Tag creation was turned ON
- Quiz result title field maps to contact field Interact Quiz Result
- Company Name field maps to contact field Company Name
- Zip Code field maps to contact field Zip Code
Once your contacts start to load into ActiveCampaign, you can customize the fields that are displayed per contact, including the quiz result. You can customize it within ActiveCampaign to look something like this (if desired):