Steps for this integration:
- Find your GetResponse API Credentials
- Connect GetResponse to your Interact App
- Map Interact Triggers to GetResponse Actions
- Map Form Fields to GetResponse Contact Fields
Find your GetResponse API credentials:
Step 1: Login to your GetResponse account and navigate to Account Details located in the dropdown menu opened by clicking My Account in the header.
Step 2: Click API & OAuth located in the left sidebar. Here you will see your API Key. This is required for the next setup steps.
Connect GetResponse to your Interact app:
Step 1: In the Interact app builder left sidebar, under Connect your email list, choose GetResponse from the list of integrations. Note: You must set-up your opt-in form before you can continue to your integration selection.
Step 2: Copy and paste your GetResponse API Key, then click Connect API.
Map Interact Triggers to GetResponse Actions:
Step 1: In the following steps you will have the chance to map a set of GetResponse actions to individual Interact triggers. A trigger can be, for example, when a quiz taker receives a specific quiz result or answers a specific quiz answer. To open the selection of GetResponse actions to select, click on the Add Actions button:
Step 2: In the slideout menu, you will see a list of available actions to run in GetResponse. The available actions are:
- Add to Campaign **Required**: You must select one contact list for all of the available Interact triggers. Choose a GetResponse campaign from the dropdown to add new contacts to a specific GetResponse campaign. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could connect different results to different contact lists to send autoresponders specific to the quiz result your customers received.
- Update Custom Field: Choose a GetResponse campaign from the dropdown to update the contact field for new contacts with a specific value. The value will auto-populate with the trigger name, but you can customize this with any value you want. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could choose the GetResponse custom field "Quiz Result Title" from the dropdown and populate the field with the quiz result title for your quiz.
Step 3: Once finished with one trigger, you can select a different trigger from the left sidebar. When you have set all triggers that you need for your specific setup, be sure to click Save & Continue.
Map Form Fields to GetResponse Custom Fields
Step 1: Here you will find an overview of the way your opt-in form fields are connected to GetResponse custom fields. Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name, Last Name.
Step 2: For all other fields, choose one custom field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. Example: mapping Company Name to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Company Name into the GetResponse custom field "Custom Field 1".
Step 3: When finished with mapping your form fields, be sure to click Save & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time.
IMPORTANT: If your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing GetResponse contacts be updated?
Yes, existing GetResponse contacts will be updated with updated custom field values and be added to new campaigns
How do you create new GetResponse custom fields?
Step 1: In your GetResponse account, navigate to Contacts -> Custom Fields.
Step 2: Click Create New.
Step 3: Enter values for Custom field name, and select Text (single line) from the Type and Format dropdowns. Click Save custom field to complete.
What will a new contact look like in GetResponse?
Custom field values can be found by clicking on a contact and looking in the Custom Fields section. The following screenshot is an example user with the following integration setup:
- Quiz result title field maps to custom field interact_quiz_result