Steps for this integration:
- Find your Klaviyo API Credentials
- Connect Klaviyo to your Interact App
- Map Interact Triggers to Klaviyo Actions
- Map Form Fields to Klaviyo Contact Fields
Find your Klaviyo API Credentials:
Step 1: Login to your Klaviyo account and navigate to Account -> Account in the header menu.
Step 2: Navigate to Settings -> API Keys.
Step 3: Under Private API Keys you will find your Klaviyo Private API Key. These are required for the next setup steps. If you do not have one listed, click Create API Key to generate a new one.
Connect Klaviyo to your Interact App:
Step 1: In the Interact app builder, under Connect your email list, choose Klaviyo from the list of integrations.
Step 2: Copy and paste your Klaviyo Private API Key and click Connect API.
Map Interact Triggers to Klaviyo Actions:
Step 1: In the following steps you will have the chance to map a set of Klaviyo actions to individual Interact triggers. A trigger can be, for example, when a quiz taker receives a specific quiz result or answers a specific quiz answer. To open the selection of Klaviyo actions to select, click on the Add Actionsbutton:
Step 2: In the slideout menu, you will see a list of available actions to run in Klaviyo. The available actions are:
- Add to Contact List **Required**: Choose a Klaviyo contact list from the dropdown to add new contacts to a specific Klaviyo contact list. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could connect different results to different contact lists to send autoresponders specific to the quiz result your customers received.
- Update Custom Field: Type a Klaviyo custom field name in the input box to update the custom field for new contacts with a specific value. The value will auto-populate with the trigger name, but you can customize this with any value you want. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could type in custom field "Quiz Result Title" in the input box and populate the field with the quiz result title for your quiz.
Step 3: Once finished with one trigger, you can select a different trigger from the left sidebar. When you have set all triggers that you need for your specific setup, be sure to click Save & Continue.
Map Form Fields to Klaviyo Custom Fields
Step 1: Here you will find an overview of the way your opt-in form fields are connected to Klaviyo custom fields. Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name, Last Name, Company Name, Phone Number, Zip Code.
Step 2: For all other fields, choose one contact field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. Example: mapping Company Name to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Company Name into the Klaviyo custom field "Custom Field 1".
Step 3: When finished with mapping your form fields, be sure to click Save & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time.
IMPORTANT: If your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing Klaviyo contacts be updated?
Yes, existing Klaviyo contacts will be updated with updated field values and be added to new lists.
What will a new contact look like in Klaviyo?
The following screenshot is an example user with the following integration setup:
- Quiz result title field maps to custom field Interact Quiz Result