Steps for this integration:
- Authorize your Drip account
- Map app data to your Drip account
Authorize your Drip account:
Step 1: In the Interact app builder, under "Connect your email list", choose Drip from the list of integrations.
Step 2: Enter your Drip credentials and click Sign in to Drip.
Step 3: You will be prompted to authorize the Interact app to access your Drip data. Choose an account to authorize from the dropdown and click Authorize to complete authorization.
Map app data to your Drip account:
Add new contacts to Drip campaigns (REQUIRED)
- Quizzes: Choose a Drip campaign from the dropdown per quiz result. This means that when users receive a certain result on your quiz, they will be added to the specified Drip campaign that you have defined here.
- Giveaways: Choose a Drip campaign from the dropdown to add new contacts who enter your giveaway to that specific Drip campaign.
- Polls: Choose a Drip campaign from the dropdown per poll option. This means that when users vote for a certain option on your poll, they will be added to the specified Drip campaign that you have defined here.
Add tag to new contacts
- Quizzes: Check the box to turn ON adding a tag to new contacts. The tag will be the value of the quiz result title.
- Giveaways: Check the box to turn ON adding a tag to new contacts. The tag will be the value of the giveaway title.
- Polls: Check the box to turn ON adding a tag to new contacts. The tag will be the value of the poll option the user voted for.
Attach Drip custom events to new contacts
- Quizzes: Check the box to turn ON attaching custom events based on the new contact's quiz answers and result they receive. The following custom event actions are sent for each new contact: Completed a quiz and Answered a question (one per question). More information on custom events can be found below in the FAQs section.
- Giveaways: N/A
- Polls: N/A
Map form fields to Drip custom fields
Default fields (cannot be changed): Email
For all other fields, choose one contact field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. For example, mapping Company Name to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Company Name into the Drip custom field "Custom Field 1".
When finished with the setup, be sure to click Save Settings & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time. Remember that if your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing Drip contacts be updated?
Yes, existing Drip contacts will be updated with updated field values, tags, custom events, and be added to new campaigns.
How do you create new Drip subscriber fields?
Step 1: In your Drip account, click Subscribers in the header and click on any subscriber.
Step 2: Scroll to the bottom of the list of subscriber fields, click Add a new field.
Step 3: Enter a value for the name of the custom field, then click Update Subscriber.
What will a new contact look like in Drip?
The following screenshot is an example user with the following integration setup:
- Quiz result "Test Result 1" maps to Drip campaign Interact Dev
- Quiz result title field maps to contact field Quiz_Result
What will a contact tag look like in Drip?
The following screenshot is an example of what a contact's activity will look like when a tag is successfully applied:
What will custom events look like in Drip?
Custom events will be found in a contact's activity timeline. Two different types of events are sent from your Interact quiz for new contacts:
- Answered a question (for every question) - Contains the following properties: answer_text, answer_index, question_title, question_index, quiz_title, app_id, and source. This is an example of what it looks like in Drip:
- Completed a quiz - Contains the following properties: result_title, quiz_title, app_id, and source. This is an example of what it looks like in Drip: