Steps for this integration:
- Authorize your Drip account
- Map Interact Triggers to Drip Actions
- Map Form Fields to Drip Custom Fields
Authorize your Drip Account:
Step 1: In the Interact app builder, under "Connect your email list", choose Drip from the list of integrations.
Step 2: Enter your Drip credentials and click Sign in to Drip.
Step 3: You will be prompted to authorize the Interact app to access your Drip data. Choose an account to authorize from the dropdown and click Authorize to complete authorization.
Map Interact Triggers to Drip Actions:
Step 1: In the following steps you will have the chance to map a set of Drip actions to individual Interact triggers. A trigger can be, for example, when a quiz taker receives a specific quiz result or answers a specific quiz answer. To open the selection of Drip actions to select, click on the Add Actions button:
Step 2: In the slideout menu, you will see a list of available actions to run in Drip. The available actions are:
- Add to Campaign: Choose a Drip campaign from the dropdown to add new contacts to a specific Drip campaign. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could connect different results to different contact lists to send autoresponders specific to the quiz result your customers received.
- Update Subscriber Custom Field: Choose a Drip subscriber custom field from the dropdown to update the contact field for new contacts with a specific value. The value will auto-populate with the trigger name, but you can customize this with any value you want. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could choose the Drip subscriber custom field "Quiz Result Title" from the dropdown and populate the field with the quiz result title for your quiz.
- Add Tag to Contact: Choose either to add a tag to the contact with a default value or with a custom value that you provide by selecting from the dropdown.
- Send Custom Event: Choose either to True/False of whether to send a custom event with the new contact. More information on custom events can be found below in the FAQs section.
Step 3: Once finished with one trigger, you can select a different trigger from the left sidebar. When you have set all triggers that you need for your specific setup, be sure to click Save & Continue.
Map Form Fields to Drip Subscriber Custom Fields
Step 1: Here you will find an overview of the way your opt-in form fields are connected to Drip subscriber custom fields. Default fields (cannot be changed): Email.
Step 2: For all other fields, choose one contact field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. Example: mapping Company Name to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Company Name into the Drip subscriber custom field "Custom Field 1".
Step 3: When finished with mapping your form fields, be sure to click Save & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time.
IMPORTANT: If your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing Drip contacts be updated?
Yes, existing Drip contacts will be updated with updated field values, tags, custom events, and be added to new campaigns.
How do you create new Drip subscriber fields?
Step 1: In your Drip account, click Subscribers in the header and click on any subscriber.
Step 2: Scroll to the bottom of the list of subscriber fields, click Add a new field.
Step 3: Enter a value for the name of the custom field, then click Update Subscriber.
What will a new contact look like in Drip?
The following screenshot is an example user with the following integration setup:
- Quiz result "Test Result 1" maps to Drip campaign Interact Dev
- Quiz result title field maps to contact field Quiz_Result
What will a contact tag look like in Drip?
The following screenshot is an example of what a contact's activity will look like when a tag is successfully applied:
What will custom events look like in Drip?
Custom events will be found in a contact's activity timeline. Two different types of events are sent from your Interact quiz for new contacts:
- Answered a question (for every question) - Contains the following properties: answer_text, answer_index, question_title, question_index, quiz_title, app_id, and source. This is an example of what it looks like in Drip:
- Completed a quiz - Contains the following properties: result_title, quiz_title, app_id, and source. This is an example of what it looks like in Drip: