Steps for this integration:
- Authorize your Constant Contact Account
- Map Interact Triggers to Constant Contact Actions
- Map Form Fields to Constant Contact Contact Fields
Authorize your Constant Contact Account:
Step 1: In the Interact app builder left sidebar, under Connect your email list, choose Constant Contact from the list of integrations.
Step 2: Enter your Constant Contact credentials and click Login.
Step 3: You will be prompted to authorize the Interact app to access your Constant Contact data. Please click Allow to complete authorization.
Map Interact Triggers to Constant Contact Actions:
Step 1: In the following steps you will have the chance to map a set of Constant Contact actions to individual Interact triggers. A trigger can be, for example, when a quiz taker receives a specific quiz result or answers a specific quiz answer. To open the selection of Constant Contact actions to select, click on the Add Actions button:
Step 2: In the slideout menu, you will see a list of available actions to run in Constant Contact. The available actions are:
- Add to Email List **Required**: You must select one contact list for all of the available Interact triggers. Choose a Constant Contact contact list from the dropdown to add new contacts to a specific Constant Contact email list. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could connect different results to different contact lists to send autoresponders specific to the quiz result your customers received.
- Update Custom Field: Choose an Constant Contact contact field from the dropdown to update the contact field for new contacts with a specific value. The value will auto-populate with the trigger name, but you can customize this with any value you want. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could choose the Constant Contact contact field "Quiz Result Title" from the dropdown and populate the field with the quiz result title for your quiz.
Step 3: Once finished with one trigger, you can select a different trigger from the left sidebar. When you have set all triggers that you need for your specific setup, be sure to click Save & Continue.
Map Form Fields to Constant Contact Custom Fields
Step 1: Here you will find an overview of the way your opt-in form fields are connected to Constant Contact custom fields. All custom fields are list-specific, meaning we list out all connected email lists and their associated fields. You will map fields on a per-list basis. Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name, Last Name, Company Name, Phone Number, Postal Code.
Step 2: For all other fields, choose one contact field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. Example: mapping Company Name to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Company Name into the Constant Contact contact field "Custom Field 1".
Step 3: When finished with mapping your form fields, be sure to click Save & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time.
IMPORTANT: If your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
What will a new contact look like in Constant Contact?
The following screenshot is an example user with the following integration setup:
- Quiz result title field maps to custom field Custom Field 1
Will existing contacts be updated in Constant Contact?
You can enable updating for existing Constant Contact contacts by checking the checkbox in the Settings step of the Constant Contact integration setup: