Steps for this integration:
- Authorize your Campaign Monitor account
- Map Interact Triggers to Campaign Monitor Actions
- Map Form Fields to Campaign Monitor Contact Fields
Authorize your Campaign Monitor account:
Step 1: In the Interact app builder left sidebar, under Connect your email list, choose Campaign Monitor from the list of integrations.
Step 2: You will be prompted to authorize the Interact app to access your Campaign Monitor data. Please enter your Campaign Monitor credentials and click Login. In the following screen, click Allow access to complete authorization.
Select Campaign Monitor Client
Map Interact Triggers to Campaign Monitor Actions:
Step 1: In the following steps you will have the chance to map a set of Campaign Monitor actions to individual Interact triggers. A trigger can be, for example, when a quiz taker receives a specific quiz result or answers a specific quiz answer. To open the selection of Campaign Monitor actions to select, click on the Add Actions button:
Step 2: In the slideout menu, you will see a list of available actions to run in Campaign Monitor. The available actions are:
- Add to Contact List **Required**: Choose a Campaign Monitor contact list from the dropdown to add new contacts to a specific Campaign Monitor contact list. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could connect different results to different contact lists to send autoresponders specific to the quiz result your customers received.
- Update Custom Field: Choose a Campaign Monitor contact field from the dropdown to update the contact field for new contacts with a specific value. The value will auto-populate with the trigger name, but you can customize this with any value you want. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could choose the Campaign Monitor contact field "Quiz Result Title" from the dropdown and populate the field with the quiz result title for your quiz.
Step 3: Once finished with one trigger, you can select a different trigger from the left sidebar. When you have set all triggers that you need for your specific setup, be sure to click Save & Continue.
Map Form Fields to Campaign Monitor Custom Fields
Step 1: Here you will find an overview of the way your opt-in form fields are connected to Campaign Monitor custom fields. All custom fields are list-specific, meaning we list out all connected contact lists and their associated custom fields. You will map custom fields on a per-list basis. Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, Name
Step 2: For all other fields, choose one contact field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. Example: mapping Company Name to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Company Name into the Campaign Monitor contact field "Custom Field 1".
Step 3: When finished with mapping your form fields, be sure to click Save & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time.
IMPORTANT: If your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you create new Campaign Monitor custom fields?
Step 1: In your Campaign Monitor account, click Lists & subscribers in the header and click the list where you want to add custom fields.
Step 2: In the right sidebar, click Custom Fields.
Step 3: Enter a value for the name of the custom field, choose type Text from the Data Type dropdown and click Add custom field.
What will a new contact look like in Campaign Monitor?
The following screenshot is an example user with the following integration setup:
- Quiz result title field maps to custom field Interact Quiz Result
- Company Name field maps to custom field Company Name