Steps for this integration:
- Authorize your AWeber Account
- Map Interact Triggers to AWeber Actions
- Map Form Fields to AWeber Custom Fields
Authorize your AWeber account:
Step 1: In the Interact app builder, under Connect your email list, choose AWeber from the list of integrations.
Step 2: You will be prompted to authorize the Interact app to access your AWeber data. Please enter your AWeber credentials and click Allow Access.
Map Interact Triggers to AWeber Actions:
Step 1: In the following steps you will have the chance to map a set of AWeber actions to individual Interact triggers. A trigger can be, for example, when a quiz taker receives a specific quiz result or answers a specific quiz answer. To open the selection of AWeber actions to select, click on the Add Actions button:
Step 2: In the slideout menu, you will see a list of available actions to run in AWeber. The available actions are:
- Add to List **Required**: Choose an AWeber list from the dropdown to add new contacts to a specific AWeber list. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could connect different results to different contact lists to send autoresponders specific to the quiz result your customers received.
- Update Contact Field: Choose an AWeber contact field from the dropdown to update the contact field for new contacts with a specific value. The value will auto-populate with the trigger name, but you can customize this with any value you want. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could choose the AWeber contact field "Quiz Result Title" from the dropdown and populate the field with the quiz result title for your quiz.
- Add Tag to Contact: Choose either to add a tag to the contact with a default value or with a custom value that you provide by selecting from the dropdown.
Step 3: Once finished with one trigger, you can select a different trigger from the left sidebar. When you have set all triggers that you need for your specific setup, be sure to click Save & Continue.
Map Form Fields to AWeber Custom Fields
Step 1: Here you will find an overview of the way your opt-in form fields are connected to AWeber custom fields. All custom fields are list-specific, meaning we list out all connected contact lists and their associated custom fields. You will map custom fields on a per-list basis. Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name, Last Name
Step 2: For all other fields, choose one contact field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. Example: mapping Company Name to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Company Name into the AWeber contact field "Custom Field 1".
Step 3: When finished with mapping your form fields, be sure to click Save & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time.
IMPORTANT: If your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing AWeber contacts be updated?
Existing AWeber contacts will have new AWeber tags added to their existing contact.
How do you create new AWeber custom fields?
Step 1: In your AWeber account, click Manage Lists in the header and click the list where you want to add custom fields.
Step 2: In the List Options dropdown menu in the top right, choose Custom Fields.
Step 3: Enter a value for the name of the custom field and click Add.
Step 4: Click Save at the bottom of the page to save all changes.
What will a new contact look like in AWeber?
The following screenshot is an example user with the following integration setup:
- Tag creation was turned ON
- Quiz result title field maps to custom field Interact Quiz Result
- Company Name field maps to custom field Company Name
Note: Interact will automatically set the Ad Tracking field depending on the type of app the lead came from (interact_quiz, interact_giveaway, interact_poll).
AWeber is a leading email marketing and automation platform built for small businesses and entrepreneurs. Along with its award-winning 24/7 US-based customer support, AWeber delivers entrepreneurs and small businesses the ability to quickly load and manage contacts, send amazing emails, and analyze results without having to be a tech whiz.