Steps for this integration:
- Find your Simplero API Credentials
- Connect Simplero to your Interact app
- Map Interact Triggers to Simplero Actions
- Map Form Fields to Simplero Contact Fields
Find your Simplero API Credentials
Step 1: Login to your Simplero account and navigate to Settings > Integrations in the left sidebar.
Step 2: In the API Keys section, click Create new API Key. This step can be skipped if you already have a valid API Key, but it is recommended you create one specifically for use with Interact.
Step 3: In the popup, type in a purpose for your API Key, preferably something similar to "Interact". Click Ok.
Step 4: Now that your API Key has been created, click on the copy & paste icon under the Get column to copy your API Key. You will need this for the next step.
Connect Simplero to your Interact App
Step 1: In the Interact app builder left sidebar, under Connect your email list, choose Simplero from the list of integrations. Note: You must set-up your opt-in form before you can continue to your integration selection.
Step 2: Copy and paste your Simplero API Key and click Connect API.
Map Interact Triggers to Simplero Actions
Step 1: In the following steps you will have the chance to map a set of Simplero actions to individual Interact triggers. A trigger can be, for example, when a quiz taker receives a specific quiz result or answers a specific quiz answer. To open the selection of Simplero actions to select, click on the Add Actions button:
Step 2: In the slideout menu, you will see a list of available actions to run in Simplero. The available actions are:
- Add to List: Choose a Simplero list from the dropdown to add new contacts to a specific Simplero list. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could connect different results to different lists to send autoresponders specific to the quiz result your customers received.
- Update Contact Field: Choose a Simplero contact field from the dropdown to update the contact field for new contacts with a specific value. The value will auto-populate with the trigger name, but you can customize this with any value you want. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could choose the Simplero contact field "Quiz Result Title" from the dropdown and populate the field with the quiz result title for your quiz.
- Add Tag to Contact: Choose an existing Simplero tag from the dropdown to add to the new contact. If the contact already exists, the tags will be added to the existing contact. Note: Tags can only be added to a contact, not removed.
Step 3: Once finished with one trigger, you can select a different trigger from the left sidebar. When you have set all triggers that you need for your specific setup, be sure to click Save & Continue.
Map Form Fields to Simplero Contact Fields
Step 1: Here you will find an overview of the way your opt-in form fields are connected to Simplero contact fields. Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name, Last Name
Step 2: For all other custom fields, choose one contact field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. Example: mapping custom field Country to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Country into the Simplero contact field "Custom Field 1".
Step 3: When finished with mapping your form fields, be sure to click Save & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time.
IMPORTANT: If your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing Simplero contacts be updated?
Yes, existing Simplero contacts will be add to the specified lists, have new tags added to the existing contact, and have contact field values updated with the newly inputted values.