Steps for this integration:
- Find your Kartra API Credentials
- Connect Kartra to your Interact app
- Map Interact Triggers to Kartra Actions
- Map Form Fields to Kartra Contact Fields
Find your Kartra API Credentials:
Step 1: Login to your Kartra account and navigate to My Integrations in the left sidebar.
Step 2: Click on the API section found in the submenu on the top of the page.
Step 3: In this section, you will find your Kartra API Key and API Password. These are required for the next setup steps.
Connect Kartra to your Interact App
Step 1: In the Interact app builder left sidebar, under Connect your email list, choose Kartra from the list of integrations. Note: You must set-up your opt-in form before you can continue to your integration selection.
Step 2: Copy and paste your Kartra API Key and API Password and click Connect API.
Map Interact Triggers to Kartra Actions:
Step 1: In the following steps you will have the chance to map a set of Kartra actions to individual Interact triggers. A trigger can be, for example, when a quiz taker receives a specific quiz result or answers a specific quiz answer. To open the selection of Kartra actions to select, click on the Add Actions button:
Step 2: In the slideout menu, you will see a list of available actions to run in Kartra. The available actions are:
- Add to List: Choose a Kartra list from the dropdown to add new contacts to a specific Kartra list. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could connect different results to different lists to send autoresponders specific to the quiz result your customers received.
- Update Contact Field: Choose a Kartra contact field from the dropdown to update the contact field for new contacts with a specific value. The value will auto-populate with the trigger name, but you can customize this with any value you want. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could choose the Kartra contact field "Quiz Result Title" from the dropdown and populate the field with the quiz result title for your quiz. Note: Our Kartra integration does not currently support custom form fields, only default contact fields. As a workaround, use tags instead.
- Add Tag to Contact: Choose an existing Kartra tag from the dropdown to add to the new contact. If the contact already exists, the tags will be added to the existing contact. Note: Contacts can only be added to a contact, not removed.
Step 3: Once finished with one trigger, you can select a different trigger from the left sidebar. When you have set all triggers that you need for your specific setup, be sure to click Save & Continue.
Map Form Fields to Kartra Contact Fields
Step 1: Here you will find an overview of the way your opt-in form fields are connected to Kartra contact fields. Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name, Last Name, Company Name, Phone Number, Zip Code
Step 2: For all other custom fields, choose one contact field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. Example: mapping custom field Country to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Country into the Kartra contact field "Custom Field 1".
Step 3: When finished with mapping your form fields, be sure to click Save & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time.
IMPORTANT: If your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing Kartra contacts be updated?
Yes, existing Kartra contacts will be add to the specified lists, have new tags added to the existing contact, and have contact field values updated with the newly inputted values.
What will a new lead look like in Kartra?
The following screenshot is an example user with the following integration setup:
- Tag "Quiz Completed" added to contact for all quiz results