Steps for this integration:
- Authorize your HubSpot account
- Map app data to your HubSpot account
Authorize your HubSpot account:
Step 1: In the Interact app builder, under "Connect your email list", choose HubSpot from the list of integrations.
Step 2: Enter your HubSpot credentials and click Login.
Step 3 (if necessary): If you have multiple accounts, you will be prompted to choose which one you would like to connect. Click on the one you would like to connect.
Map app data to your HubSpot account:
Add new contacts to HubSpot contact list
Choose a HubSpot contact list from the dropdown to add new contacts to that specific HubSpot list.
Add new contacts to HubSpot workflows
- Quizzes: Choose a HubSpot workflow from the dropdown per quiz result. This means that when users receive a certain result on your quiz, they will be added to the specified HubSpot workflow that you have defined here.
- Giveaways: Choose a HubSpot workflow from the dropdown to add new contacts who enter your giveaway to that specific HubSpot workflow.
- Polls: Choose a HubSpot workflow from the dropdown per poll option. This means that when users vote for a certain option on your poll, they will be added to the specified HubSpot workflow that you have defined here.
Map form fields to HubSpot contact properties
Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name, Last Name
For all other fields, choose one contact field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. For example, mapping Company Name to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Company Name into the HubSpot contact property "Custom Field 1".
When finished with the setup, be sure to click Save Settings & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time. Remember that if your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing HubSpot contacts be updated?
Yes, existing HubSpot contacts will be updated with updated field values and be added to new workflows and lists.
How do you create new HubSpot contact properties?
Step 1: In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts -> Contacts settings.
Step 2: Under Property Settings, click Create a property.
Step 3: Fill out the form fields as desired. It is required to set the Group to Contact Information and the Field type to Single-line text.
Step 4: Click Create to save all changes.
What will a new contact look like in HubSpot?
You can find list and workflow actions in the contact's timeline. The following screenshot is an example user with the following integration setup:
- Quiz result "Test Result 1" maps to HubSpot workflow Example Workflow
- Quiz result title field maps to contact field Interact Quiz Result
Once your contacts start to load into HubSpot, you can customize the fields that are displayed in the contact's About section, including the quiz result. You can customize it within HubSpot to look something like this (if desired):