Steps for this integration:
- Find your Mad Mimi API Credentials
- Connect Mad Mimi to your Interact App
- Map Interact Triggers to Mad Mimi Actions
- Map Form Fields to Mad Mimi Contact Fields
Find your Mad Mimi API Credentials:
Step 1: Login to your Mad Mimi account and navigate to Account in the header.
Step 2: In the right sidebar, under Settings & Billing, click on the API tab. You will see your Secret API Key. This is required for the next setup steps.
Connect Mad Mimi to your Interact App:
Step 1: In the Interact app builder left sidebar, under Connect your email list, choose Mad Mimi from the list of integrations. Note: You must set-up your opt-in form before you can continue to your integration selection.
Step 2: Copy and paste your Mad Mimi Secret API Key and enter your Mad Mimi account email address, then click Connect API.
Map Interact Triggers to Mad Mimi Actions:
Step 1: In the following steps you will have the chance to map a set of Mad Mimi actions to individual Interact triggers. A trigger can be, for example, when a quiz taker receives a specific quiz result or answers a specific quiz answer. To open the selection of Mad Mimi actions to select, click on the Add Actions button:
Step 2: In the slideout menu, you will see a list of available actions to run in Mad Mimi. The available actions are:
- Add to Contact List **Required**: Choose a Mad Mimi contact list from the dropdown to add new contacts to a specific Mad Mimi contact list. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could connect different results to different contact lists to send autoresponders specific to the quiz result your customers received.
- Update Custom Field: Type a Mad Mimi custom field name in the input box to update the custom field for new contacts with a specific value. The value will auto-populate with the trigger name, but you can customize this with any value you want. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could type in custom field "Quiz Result Title" in the input box and populate the field with the quiz result title for your quiz.
Step 3: Once finished with one trigger, you can select a different trigger from the left sidebar. When you have set all triggers that you need for your specific setup, be sure to click Save & Continue.
Map Form Fields to Mad Mimi Custom Fields
Step 1: Here you will find an overview of the way your opt-in form fields are connected to Mad Mimi contact fields. Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name, Last Name, Company Name, Phone Number, Zip Code.
Step 2: For all other fields, choose one contact field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. Example: mapping Company Name to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Company Name into the Mad Mimi custom field "Custom Field 1".
Step 3: When finished with mapping your form fields, be sure to click Save & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time.
IMPORTANT: If your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing Mad Mimi contacts be updated?
Yes, existing Mad Mimi contacts will be updated with updated custom field values and be added to new contact lists.
What will a new contact look like in Mad Mimi?
The following screenshot is an example user with the following integration setup:
- Quiz result title field maps to custom field Interact Quiz Result