Steps for this integration:
- Authorize your HubSpot Account
- Map Interact Triggers to HubSpot Actions
- Map Form Fields to HubSpot Contact Fields
Authorize your HubSpot Account:
Step 1: In the Interact app builder left sidebar, under Connect your email list, choose HubSpot from the list of integrations. Note: You must set-up your opt-in form before you can continue to your integration selection.
Step 2: Enter your HubSpot credentials and click Login.
Step 3 (if necessary): If you have multiple accounts, you will be prompted to choose which one you would like to connect. Click on the one you would like to connect.
Map Interact Triggers to HubSpot Actions:
Step 1: In the following steps you will have the chance to map a set of HubSpot actions to individual Interact triggers. A trigger can be, for example, when a quiz taker receives a specific quiz result or answers a specific quiz answer. To open the selection of HubSpot actions to select, click on the Add Actions button:
Step 2: In the slideout menu, you will see a list of available actions to run in HubSpot. The available actions are:
- Add to Contact List: Choose a HubSpot contact list from the dropdown to add new contacts to a specific HubSpot contact list. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could connect different results to different contact lists to send autoresponders specific to the quiz result your customers received.
- Add to Workflow: Choose a HubSpot workflow from the dropdown to add new contacts to a specific HubSpot workflow. Example: For a quiz answer trigger, you could connect different workflows to different answers to run specific workflows depending on what a quiz taker answers in your quiz.
- Update Contact Property: Choose a HubSpot contact property from the dropdown to update the contact field for new contacts with a specific value. The value will auto-populate with the trigger name, but you can customize this with any value you want. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could choose the HubSpot contact property "Quiz Result Title" from the dropdown and populate the field with the quiz result title for your quiz.
Step 3: Once finished with one trigger, you can select a different trigger from the left sidebar. When you have set all triggers that you need for your specific setup, be sure to click Save & Continue.
Map Form Fields to HubSpot Contact Properties
Step 1: Here you will find an overview of the way your opt-in form fields are connected to HubSpot contact property. Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name, Last Name.
Step 2: For all other fields, choose one contact property from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. Example: mapping Company Name to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Company Name into the HubSpot contact property "Custom Field 1".
Step 3: When finished with mapping your form fields, be sure to click Save & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time.
IMPORTANT: If your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing HubSpot contacts be updated?
Yes, existing HubSpot contacts will be updated with updated field values and be added to new workflows and lists.
How do you create new HubSpot contact properties?
Step 1: In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts -> Contacts settings.
Step 2: Under Property Settings, click Create a property.
Step 3: Fill out the form fields as desired. It is required to set the Group to Contact Information and the Field type to Single-line text.
Step 4: Click Create to save all changes.
What will a new contact look like in HubSpot?
You can find list and workflow actions in the contact's timeline. The following screenshot is an example user with the following integration setup:
- Quiz result "Test Result 1" maps to HubSpot workflow Example Workflow
- Quiz result title field maps to contact field Interact Quiz Result
Once your contacts start to load into HubSpot, you can customize the fields that are displayed in the contact's About section, including the quiz result. You can customize it within HubSpot to look something like this (if desired):