Steps for this integration:
- Authorize your Act-On Account
- Map Interact Triggers to Act-On Actions
- Map Form Fields to Act-On Contact List Columns
Authorize your Act-On Account:
Step 1: In the Interact app builder left sidebar, under Connect your email list, choose Act-On from the list of integrations. Note: You must set-up your opt-in form before you can continue to your integration selection.
Step 2: You will be prompted to authorize the Interact app to access your Act-On data. Please click Authorize app, enter your Act-On credentials and click Login.
Map Interact Triggers to Act-On Actions:
Step 1: In the following steps you will have the chance to map a set of Act-On actions to individual Interact triggers. A trigger can be, for example, when a quiz taker receives a specific quiz result or answers a specific quiz answer. To open the selection of Act-On actions to select, click on the Add Actions button:
Step 2: In the slideout menu, you will see a list of available actions to run in Act-On. The available actions are:
- Add to Contact List **Required**: You must select one contact list for all of the available Interact triggers. Choose an Act-On contact list from the dropdown to add new contacts to a specific Act-On contact list. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could connect different results to different contact lists to send autoresponders specific to the quiz result your customers received.
- Update Contact List Column: Choose an Act-On contact field from the dropdown to update the contact field for new contacts with a specific value. The value will auto-populate with the trigger name, but you can customize this with any value you want. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could choose the Act-On contact field "Quiz Result Title" from the dropdown and populate the field with the quiz result title for your quiz.
Step 3: Once finished with one trigger, you can select a different trigger from the left sidebar. When you have set all triggers that you need for your specific setup, be sure to click Save & Continue.
Map Form Fields to Act-On Contact List Columns
Step 1: Here you will find an overview of the way your opt-in form fields are connected to Act-On contact list columns. All contact list columns are list-specific, meaning we list out all connected contact lists and their associated fields. You will map fields on a per-list basis. Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name, Last Name
Step 2: For all other fields, choose one contact field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. Example: mapping Company Name to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Company Name into the Act-On contact field "Custom Field 1".
Step 3: When finished with mapping your form fields, be sure to click Save & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time.
IMPORTANT: If your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing Act-On contacts be updated?
Yes, existing Act-On contacts will be updated with updated field values and be added to new lists.
How do you create new Act-On contact list columns?
Step 1: In your Act-On account, navigate to the list where you want to add contact list columns.
Step 2: Click More Actions in the top right and choose Change List Columns from the dropdown.
Step 3: Click Add Column at the bottom of the page.
Step 4: Enter a value for the name of the list column and click Submit.
Step 5: Click Save at the top of the page to save all changes.
What will a new contact look like in Act-On?
Once your contacts start to load into Act-On, you can customize the fields that are displayed per contact, including the quiz result. You can customize it within Act-On to look something like this (if desired):