Steps for this integration:
- Authorize your Constant Contact Account
- Map Interact Triggers to Constant Contact Actions
- Map Form Fields to Constant Contact Contact Fields
Authorize your Constant Contact Account:
Step 1: In the Interact app builder left sidebar, under Connect your email list, choose Constant Contact from the list of integrations.
Step 2: Enter your Constant Contact credentials and click Login.
Step 3: You will be prompted to authorize the Interact app to access your Constant Contact data. Please click Allow to complete authorization.
Map Interact Triggers to Constant Contact Actions:
Step 1: In the following steps you will have the chance to map a set of Constant Contact actions to individual Interact triggers. A trigger can be, for example, when a quiz taker receives a specific quiz result or answers a specific quiz answer. To open the selection of Constant Contact actions to select, click on the Add Actions button:
Step 2: In the slideout menu, you will see a list of available actions to run in Constant Contact. The available actions are:
- Add to Email List **Required**: You must select one contact list for all of the available Interact triggers. Choose a Constant Contact contact list from the dropdown to add new contacts to a specific Constant Contact email list. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could connect different results to different contact lists to send autoresponders specific to the quiz result your customers received.
- Update Custom Field: Choose an Constant Contact contact field from the dropdown to update the contact field for new contacts with a specific value. The value will auto-populate with the trigger name, but you can customize this with any value you want. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could choose the Constant Contact contact field "Quiz Result Title" from the dropdown and populate the field with the quiz result title for your quiz.
Step 3: Once finished with one trigger, you can select a different trigger from the left sidebar. When you have set all triggers that you need for your specific setup, be sure to click Save & Continue.
Map Form Fields to Constant Contact Custom Fields
Step 1: Here you will find an overview of the way your opt-in form fields are connected to Constant Contact custom fields. All custom fields are list-specific, meaning we list out all connected email lists and their associated fields. You will map fields on a per-list basis. Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name, Last Name, Company Name, Phone Number, Postal Code.
Step 2: For all other fields, choose one contact field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. Example: mapping Company Name to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Company Name into the Constant Contact contact field "Custom Field 1".
Step 3: When finished with mapping your form fields, be sure to click Save & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time.
IMPORTANT: If your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
What will a new contact look like in Constant Contact?
The following screenshot is an example user with the following integration setup:
- Quiz result title field maps to custom field Custom Field 1