Before we start, navigate to the “Polls” section of your Interact Dashboard (if you’re reading this and don’t have an account, you can make one free, here) Now click , “Create New Poll” in the top left.
Now we can begin.
Step 1: Choose the type of poll you’d like to create.
We have two options, a grid format and a list format. The grid is great when you don’t have too many poll options (6 or less) and each option is best represented by a picture. The list is perfect for when you have lots of poll options and/or want people to be able to select multiple options (you can do that on both types but it’s easier to visualize in list format)
Step 2: Add your poll choices
This is where you add the options people can vote on. Interact has a built in image search engine full of high quality stock images you can use for free, so simply select a few you like or you can upload your own images if you prefer. Then you can name your voting options. Here’s a run-down of our polling options.
1. Add images and descriptions to each poll choice
2. Customize the poll name and description
3. Choose how many columns you’d like to have (so if you have 4 poll choices you can have a 2×2 poll, or if you have 6 poll choices you can have a 3×3 poll)
4. Set the poll settings where you can choose if people can only choose one poll choice or multiple.
Step 3: Edit the style and colors of your poll
We have a bunch of options to make your poll as unique as you are.
1. Add a background image, like how I added this nice sahara sunset to my poll
2. Change the background color (if you opt for a solid color background instead)
3. Change the font color for the poll name and description
4. Change the button color (for opt-in and call to action buttons)
5. Change the option background color (around the poll choices, you can set it to transparent for no border)
6. Change the poll choice option font color (the name of each choice)
7. Change the font type
8. Add your own logo so people know who made the poll
Step 4: (Optional) set up email capture
Polls can be used for building your email list, which is genius because they can fit right into blog posts and work as lead magnets without much effort. First, choose what information you’d like to ask for.
Then, Connect your email list. Interact integrates with all major email marketing programs, Zapier, and you can collect leads in a csv file as a last resort.
Step 5: Embed on your site or share directly to social media or via email
Polls embed as an iframe, just like a YouTube video (the poll we’ve been working on is embedded at the bottom of this post), or you can get a direct link to the poll to put on Facebook, Twitter, any other social network, or in an email.