IMPORTANT: Before we start this module, go to your email marketing program and create a new list for your quiz leads. Name it the same as the title of your quiz. If you use a marketing automation program that doesn't use lists, create an empty sequence that's named the same thing as the title of your quiz and save it.
Step 1: In the interact quick menu, navigate to "Integration"
(NOTE: If you're using the free version of interact, at this point you will need to start an upgraded trial. It's free for 7 days, and by then our course will be completed and your quiz will already be generating new leads for your business!)
Step 2: Choose what form fields you want to ask for on your opt-in form.
Only ask for first name and email unless you absolutely need something else
Step 3: Choose whether you want to let your quiz takers skip the opt-in form if they are not interested in your offer.
You should always let people skip unless you have a good reason not to because you don't want people on your list who are not interested in your offer anyways
Step 4: Write your call to action form heading.
This should say "Enter your email to see your (Subject of the quiz)" so for example "Enter Your Email to See Your Ideal Working Environment"
Step 5: Write your opt-in form sub-heading.
It should say "And get personalized advice on how to (some benefit) based on your (subject of the quiz) type" So for example "And get personalized advice on how to work more efficiently based on your work environment"
Step 6: Click "Save Form & Continue"
Step 7: Choose your email marketing program
Step 8: Sign in to your email marketing program so you can connect your quiz to your list.
NOTE: I'm showing mailchimp for this tutorial, but the process is the same for all email marketing programs
Step 9: Choose the email list you created before starting this module that is named the same thing as your quiz.
NOTE: I'm showing mailchimp for this tutorial, but this process is similar for other email marketing programs
Step 10: Check to make sure the fields in your list are connected to the right fields in your quiz.
NOTE: you'll most likely not change anything here, just check to make sure it's okay
Step 11: If you see an option to "Disable double opt-in" you can disable that. Most programs don't have this, so disregard if you don't see it.
Step 12: Click "Save Settings and Continue
Step 13: Click "Test Integration"
Step 14: Once you've sent a test lead to your list you'll get confirmation that it's working properly and you list is connected!
- In your email marketing program, make a list or sequence and name it the title of your quiz
- In interact navigate to "integrations" and set up your opt-in form and copy on that opt-in form
- Connect your email marketing program and connect your quiz to your list
The opt-in form on your quiz will show up after someone answers the questions but before they see the results of the quiz. (the reason it comes after the results in this guide is because the questions and results go together well when you're building the quiz).
There are some best practices for getting the most opt-ins on your quiz, and you'll also want to connect the form to your email marketing program for following up with the quiz leads that come in.
Part 1: Opt-in Form Setup
*Quick caveat before we start with this section. If you created a free account with us you will need to upgrade to access the lead generation feature.
We have 4 best practices for crafting your opt-in form.
- Tell people they'll get to see their results after putting in their email. This one's obvious, but you want to say that they'll get to see their result, and be specific with this one. So say "Enter your email to see what type of blogger you are" if your quiz is "What Type of Blogger are You?"
- Add value beyond just the quiz results. In the sub-heading of the opt-in form text, write a short sentence or two that explains what you're going to send people that is added value beyond just the quiz results. We'll go over what this will be in module 5, but you can say something like "We'll also send you personalized tips on how to use your outcome to the fullest extent.
- Almost always leave the "skip this step" option. You don't want junk quiz leads, so let people skip the opt-in form if they aren't interested in your offer. You can expect 50% of people to skip and 50% to opt-in, but the ones who do opt-in are going to be very qualified.
- Almost always just ask for first name and email address, unless there is a very specific reason you need more information. So unless you are going to be calling every single lead, don't ask for their phone number, so on and so forth. You don't need excess information and it will lower your conversion rate if you ask for it.
Part 2: Integrate with your email marketing program
Choose your email marketing program or marketing automation program from our list of integrations. interact integrates with every major program, but if we don't have yours for some reason we also have Zapier and as a last resort a .CSV file download option.
Part 3: Set up autoresponder connections for quiz results
We'll go over what to actually put in your autoresponder emails in module 5. What I would recommend for now is to set up an autoresponder for each of your quiz results in your email marketing or marketing automation program, and leave those autoresponder blank, but have them there so you can connect your quiz results to them.
If you just have one email list you want to add people to, go ahead and create that email list now.
Action Item for Module 4:
Set up your opt-in form and connect your form to your email list. Set up autoresponder series' for each quiz result in your autoresponder (they are blank with no emails in them for now) and connect those to your quiz results in Interact.
Having trouble setting up your opt-in form or connecting your integration? Request a demo to get one-on-one coaching now