Steps for this integration:
- Find your Thinkific API Credentials
- Connect Thinkific to your Interact app
- Map Interact Triggers to Thinkific Actions
- Map Form Fields to Thinkific Custom Sign Up Fields
Find your Thinkific API Credentials:
Step 1: Login to your Thinkific account and navigate to Advanced Settings in the left sidebar.
Step 2: Click on the API section found at the bottom of the page to expand the menu.
Step 3: In this section, you will find your Thinkific API Key and Subdomain. These are required for the next setup steps.
Connect Thinkific to your Interact App
Step 1: In the Interact app builder, under "Connect your email list", choose Thinkific from the list of integrations.
Step 2: Copy and paste your Thinkific API Key and Subdomain and click Connect API.
Map Interact Triggers to Thinkific Actions:
Step 1: In the following steps you will have the chance to map a set of Thinkific actions to individual Interact triggers. A trigger can be, for example, when a quiz taker receives a specific quiz result or answers a specific quiz answer. To open the selection of Thinkific actions to select, click on the Add Actions button:
Step 2: In the slideout menu, you will see a list of available actions to run in Thinkific. The available actions are:
- Update Custom Sign Up Field: Choose an Thinkific custom sign up field from the dropdown to update the custom sign up field for new contacts with a specific value. The value will auto-populate with the trigger name, but you can customize this with any value you want. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could choose the Thinkific custom sign up field "Quiz Result Title" from the dropdown and populate the field with the quiz result title for your quiz.
Step 3: Once finished with one trigger, you can select a different trigger from the left sidebar. When you have set all triggers that you need for your specific setup, be sure to click Save & Continue.
Update Send Welcome Email Settings
Step 1: You will have the option to send Site Welcome Email to newly created users. By default Thinkific disables these emails, but you can turn it on by checking the box shown below.
Map Form Fields to Thinkific Contact Fields
Step 1: Here you will find an overview of the way your opt-in form fields are connected to Thinkific contact fields. Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name, Last Name
Step 2: For all other fields, choose one custom sign up field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. Example: mapping Company Name to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Company Name into the Thinkific custom sign up field "Custom Field 1".
Step 3: When finished with mapping your form fields, be sure to click Save & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time.
IMPORTANT: If your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing Thinkific users be updated?
No, currently our Thinkific integration will only add new users if they do not already exist in your Thinkific users list.
What will a new contact look like in Thinkific?
The following screenshot is an example user with the following integration setup:
- Quiz result title field maps to custom sign up field Interact Quiz Result
- Company Name field maps to custom sign up field Company Name
- Zip Code field maps to custom sign up field Zip Code
- Phone Number field maps to custom sign up field Phone Number