Steps for this integration:
- Find your SendGrid API credentials
- Connect SendGrid to your Interact app
- Map app data to your SendGrid account
Find your SendGrid API credentials:
Step 1: Login to your SendGrid account and navigate to Settings -> API Keys in the dropdown menu located in the left sidebar.
Step 2: It is recommended to create a new SendGrid API Key to use with Interact. To create a new API Key, click Create API Key.
Step 3: Enter an API Key Name and choose proper API Key Permissions. If choosing Restricted Access, be sure to add Full Access for Marketing Campaigns (see image below). You may also choose Full Access, if desired.
Step 4: Click Create & View. In the next screen, you will find your API Key. Copy the API Key (this will only be shown to you once!) and save it somewhere safe for your reference.
Connect SendGrid to your Interact app:
Step 1: In the Interact app builder, under "Connect your email list", choose SendGrid from the list of integrations.
Step 2: Copy and paste your SendGrid API Key and click Connect API.
Map app data to your SendGrid account:
Add new contacts to SendGrid contact lists
- Quizzes: Choose a SendGrid contact list from the dropdown per quiz result. This means that when users receive a certain result on your quiz, they will be added to the specified MailerLite subscriber group that you have defined here.
- Giveaways: Choose a SendGrid contact list from the dropdown to add new contacts who enter your giveaway to that specific SendGrid contact list.
- Polls: Choose a SendGrid contact list from the dropdown per poll option. This means that when users vote for a certain option on your poll, they will be added to the specified SendGrid contact list that you have defined here.
Map form fields to SendGrid custom fields
Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name, Last Name
For all other fields, choose one custom field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. For example, mapping Quiz Result Title to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Quiz Result Title into the SendGrid custom field "Custom Field 1".
When finished with the setup, be sure to click Save Settings & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time. Remember that if your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing SendGrid contacts be updated?
Yes, existing SendGrid contacts will be updated with updated field values and be added to new contact lists.
What will a new contact look like in SendGrid?
Once your contacts start to load into SendGrid, you can find new contacts from your quiz in the specified contact lists. You can find custom field values in the profiles of each individual contact.