Steps for this integration:
- Find your Pardot API Credentials
- Connect Pardot to your Interact App
- Map Interact Triggers to Pardot Actions
- Map Form Fields to Pardot Custom Fields
Find your Pardot API Credentials:
Step 1: Login to your Pardot account and navigate to Settings located in the header menu opened by clicking the gear icon.
Step 2: Under the My Profile tab, you will see your API User Key. This is required for the next setup steps.
Connect Pardot to your Interact App:
Step 1: In the Interact app builder, under Connect your email list, choose Pardot from the list of integrations.
Step 2: Enter your Pardot login credentials and copy and paste your Pardot API User Key, then click Connect API.
Map Interact Triggers to Pardot Actions:
Step 1: In the following steps you will have the chance to map a set of Pardot actions to individual Interact triggers. A trigger can be, for example, when a quiz taker receives a specific quiz result or answers a specific quiz answer. To open the selection of Pardot actions to select, click on the Add Actions button:
Step 2: In the slideout menu, you will see a list of available actions to run in Pardot. The available actions are:
- Add to Contact List: Choose a Pardot contact list from the dropdown to add new contacts to a specific Pardot contact list. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could connect different results to different contact lists to send autoresponders specific to the quiz result your customers received.
- Update Custom Field: Choose a Pardot custom field from the dropdown to update the contact field for new contacts with a specific value. The value will auto-populate with the trigger name, but you can customize this with any value you want. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could choose the Pardot custom field "Quiz Result Title" from the dropdown and populate the field with the quiz result title for your quiz.
Step 3: Once finished with one trigger, you can select a different trigger from the left sidebar. When you have set all triggers that you need for your specific setup, be sure to click Save & Continue.
Map Form Fields to Pardot Custom Fields
Step 1: Here you will find an overview of the way your opt-in form fields are connected to Pardot custom fields. Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name, Last Name, Company Name, Phone Number, Zip Code.
Step 2: For all other fields, choose one custom field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. Example: mapping Company Name to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Company Name into the Pardot custom field "Custom Field 1".
Step 3: When finished with mapping your form fields, be sure to click Save & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time.
IMPORTANT: If your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing Pardot contacts be updated?
Yes, existing Pardot contacts will be updated with updated custom field values and be added to new lists.
How do you create new Pardot custom fields?
Step 1: In your Pardot account, navigate to Admin -> Configure Fields -> Prospect Fields.
Step 2: Click Create Custom Field.
Step 3: Enter a value for the Name (Custom Field ID should be autofilled) and ensure Type is set to Text. Click Create Custom Field to save all changes.
What will a new contact look like in Pardot?
Custom field values can be found by clicking on a Prospect and looking in the Custom Field section on the right. The following screenshot is an example user with the following integration setup:
- Quiz result title field maps to custom field Interact Quiz Result