Steps for this integration:
- Find your MailerLite API Credentials
- Connect MailerLite to your Interact App
- Map Interact Triggers to MailerLite Actions
- Map Form Fields to MailerLite Custom Fields
Find your MailerLite API Credentials:
Step 1: Login to your MailerLite account and navigate to Integrations in the dropdown menu found by clicking your username in the top right corner.
Step 2: Under Integrations, click the Use button on the Developer API.
Step 3: Under the API Key panel you will find your MailerLite API Key. This is required for the next setup steps.
Connect MailerLite to your Interact App:
Step 1: In the Interact app builder, under "Connect your email list", choose MailerLite from the list of integrations.
Step 2: Copy and paste your MailerLite API Key and click Connect API.
Map Interact Triggers to MailerLite Actions:
Step 1: In the following steps you will have the chance to map a set of MailerLite actions to individual Interact triggers. A trigger can be, for example, when a quiz taker receives a specific quiz result or answers a specific quiz answer. To open the selection of MailerLite actions to select, click on the Add Actions button:
Step 2: In the slideout menu, you will see a list of available actions to run in MailerLite. The available actions are:
- Add to Contact List **Required**: Choose a MailerLite contact list from the dropdown to add new contacts to a specific MailerLite contact list. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could connect different results to different contact lists to send autoresponders specific to the quiz result your customers received.
- Update Custom Field: Choose a MailerLite custom field from the dropdown to update the contact field for new contacts with a specific value. The value will auto-populate with the trigger name, but you can customize this with any value you want. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could choose the MailerLite custom field "Quiz Result Title" from the dropdown and populate the field with the quiz result title for your quiz.
Step 3: Once finished with one trigger, you can select a different trigger from the left sidebar. When you have set all triggers that you need for your specific setup, be sure to click Save & Continue.
Map Form Fields to MailerLite Custom Fields
Step 1: Here you will find an overview of the way your opt-in form fields are connected to MailerLite custom fields. Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name.
Step 2: For all other fields, choose one custom field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. Example: mapping Company Name to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Company Name into the MailerLite custom field "Custom Field 1".
Step 3: When finished with mapping your form fields, be sure to click Save & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time.
IMPORTANT: If your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing MailerLite contacts be updated?
Yes, existing MailerLite contacts will be updated with updated field values and be added to new subscriber groups
What will a new contact look like in MailerLite?
Once your contacts start to load into MailerLite, you can customize the fields that are displayed per contact, including the quiz result. You can customize it within MailerLite to look something like this (if desired):