Steps for this integration:
- Find your dotmailer API Credentials
- Connect dotmailer to your Interact app
- Map Interact Triggers to dotmailer Actions
- Map Form Fields to dotmailer Custom Sign Up Fields
Find your dotmailer API Credentials:
Step 1: Login to your dotmailer account and mouse over the settings menu in the bottom left hand corner and select Access.
Step 2: Create a new API User for connecting to Interact for the first time. Click on the API Users tab and click New User.
Step 3: Here you will find your API Username (Email address) and you can provide a description and valid API Password for this API User.
Step 4: Click Save and you will need these API User credentials for the next step.
Connect dotmailer to your Interact App
Step 1: In the Interact app builder, under "Connect your email list", choose dotmailer from the list of integrations.
Step 2: Copy and paste your dotmailer API Username and API Password and click Connect API.
Map Interact Triggers to dotmailer Actions:
Step 1: In the following steps you will have the chance to map a set of dotmailer actions to individual Interact triggers. A trigger can be, for example, when a quiz taker receives a specific quiz result or answers a specific quiz answer. To open the selection of dotmailer actions to select, click on the Add Actions button:
Step 2: In the slideout menu, you will see a list of available actions to run in dotmailer. The available actions are:
- Send Campaign: Choose a dotmailer campaign from the dropdown to send a dotmailer campaign to new contacts. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could connect different results to different campaigns to send autoresponders specific to the quiz result your customers received.
- Update Contact Data Field: Type an existing dotmailer contact data field name in the input box to update the contact data field for new contacts with a specific value. The value will auto-populate with the trigger name, but you can customize this with any value you want. Example: For a quiz result trigger, you could type in contact data field "QUIZRESULT" in the input box and populate the field with the quiz result title for your quiz.
Step 3: Once finished with one trigger, you can select a different trigger from the left sidebar. When you have set all triggers that you need for your specific setup, be sure to click Save & Continue.
Update Double Opt-In Setting
Step 1: You will have the option to disabled double opt-in for your opt-in form. Check the box to disable double opt-in for your contacts. This ensures dotmailer that you have permission to send users emails.
Map Form Fields to dotmailer Contact Fields
Step 1: Here you will find an overview of the way your opt-in form fields are connected to dotmailer contact fields. Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name, Last Name, Zip Code
Step 2: For all other fields, choose one contact data field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. Example: mapping Company Name to "COMPANY" will populate the value inputted for Company Name into the dotmailer contact data field "COMPANY".
Step 3: When finished with mapping your form fields, be sure to click Save & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time.
IMPORTANT: If your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing dotmailer users be updated?
Yes, existing dotmailer contacts will be updated with updated field values and be added to new lists.