Steps for this integration:
- Find your ConvertKit API credentials
- Connect ConvertKit to your Interact app
- Map app data to your ConvertKit account
Find your ConvertKit API credentials:
Step 1: Login to your ConvertKit account and navigate to Account in the header menu.
Step 2: Under the Account Info section you will find your ConvertKit API Key and API Secret. These are required for the next setup steps.
Connect ConvertKit to your Interact app:
Step 1: In the Interact app builder, under "Connect your email list", choose ConvertKit from the list of integrations.
Step 2: Copy and paste your ConvertKit API Key and API Secret and click Connect API.
Map app data to your ConvertKit account:
Add new contacts to ConvertKit sequences (REQUIRED)
- Quizzes: Choose a ConvertKit sequence from the dropdown per quiz result. This means that when users receive a certain result on your quiz, they will be added to the specified ConvertKit sequence that you have defined here.
- Giveaways: Choose a ConvertKit sequence from the dropdown to add new contacts who enter your giveaway to that specific ConvertKit sequence.
- Polls: Choose a ConvertKit sequence from the dropdown per poll option. This means that when users vote for a certain option on your poll, they will be added to the specified ConvertKit sequence that you have defined here.
Map form fields to ConvertKit subscriber fields
Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name
For all other fields, choose one contact field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. For example, mapping Company Name to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Company Name into the ConvertKit contact field "Custom Field 1".
When finished with the setup, be sure to click Save Settings & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time. Remember that if your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing ConvertKit contacts be updated?
Yes, existing ConvertKit contacts will be updated with updated field values and be added to new sequences.
How do you create new ConvertKit subscriber fields?
Step 1: In your ConvertKit account, click Subscribers in the header and click on any subscriber.
Step 2: Scroll to the bottom of the list of subscriber fields, click Add a new field.
Step 3: Enter a value for the name of the custom field, then click Update Subscriber.
What will a new contact look like in ConvertKit?
The following screenshot is an example user with the following integration setup:
- Quiz result title field maps to contact field Interact Quiz Result