Steps for this integration:
- Find your ActiveCampaign API credentials
- Connect ActiveCampaign to your Interact app
- Map app data to your ActiveCampaign account
Find your ActiveCampaign API credentials:
Step 1: Login to your ActiveCampaign account and navigate to My Settings in the dropdown menu found by clicking your username in the top right corner.
Step 2: In the left sidebar menu, click Developer.
Step 3: Under the API Access panel you will find your ActiveCampaign URL and Key. These are required for the next setup steps.
Connect ActiveCampaign to your Interact app:
Step 1: In the Interact app builder, under "Connect your email list", choose ActiveCampaign from the list of integrations.
Step 2: Copy and paste your ActiveCampaign URL and Key and click Connect API.
Map app data to your ActiveCampaign account:
Add new contacts to ActiveCampaign contact list
Choose an ActiveCampaign contact list from the dropdown to add new contacts to that specific ActiveCampaign list.
Add new contacts to ActiveCampaign automations
- Quizzes: Choose an ActiveCampaign automation from the dropdown per quiz result. This means that when users receive a certain result on your quiz, they will be added to the specified ActiveCampaign automation that you have defined here.
- Giveaways: Choose an ActiveCampaign automation from the dropdown to add new contacts who enter your giveaway to that specific ActiveCampaign automation.
- Polls: Choose an ActiveCampaign automation from the dropdown per poll option. This means that when users vote for a certain option on your poll, they will be added to the specified ActiveCampaign automation that you have defined here.
Add tag to new contacts
- Quizzes: Check the box to turn ON adding a tag to new contacts. The tag will be the value of the quiz result title.
- Giveaways: Check the box to turn ON adding a tag to new contacts. The tag will be the value of the giveaway title.
- Polls: Check the box to turn ON adding a tag to new contacts. The tag will be the value of the poll option the user voted for.
Map form fields to ActiveCampaign contact fields
Default fields (cannot be changed): Email, First Name, Last Name, Phone Number
For all other fields, choose one contact field from the dropdown that you would like to populate with the form value. For example, mapping Company Name to "Custom Field 1" will populate the value inputted for Company Name into the ActiveCampaign contact field "Custom Field 1".
When finished with the setup, be sure to click Save Settings & Continue. If you find you need to make changes, you may edit the integration settings at any time. Remember that if your quiz is already published and embedded, any changes made to the integrations will require you to publish your quiz after changes have been saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing ActiveCampaign contacts be updated?
Yes, existing ActiveCampaign contacts will be updated with updated field values, tags, and be added to new automations.
What will a new contact look like in ActiveCampaign?
The following screenshot is an example user with the following integration setup:
- Quiz result "Test Result 1" maps to ActiveCampaign automation Interact Quiz Automation
- Tag creation was turned ON
- Quiz result title field maps to contact field Interact Quiz Result
- Company Name field maps to contact field Company Name
- Zip Code field maps to contact field Zip Code
Once your contacts start to load into ActiveCampaign, you can customize the fields that are displayed per contact, including the quiz result. You can customize it within ActiveCampaign to look something like this (if desired):